Rainbow Mountain Vinicunca Tour
Mountain of 7 Colors or Rainbow Mountain (Rainbow Mountain), Experience a beautiful route to the valley of Ausangate in a walk of only about 1 hour, in which we will appreciate a chain of mountains that as we go upwards they will change their colors until we reach Vinicunca known as the Mountain of 7 colors or Arco Iris for its similarity to the colors of the Rainbow and known as Cerro Colorado.
The trek will last an approximate of 1 hour and 20 minutes until you reach Vinicunca or mountain of colors 5020 meters above sea level. On the way we will observe the fauna of the area, highlighting the llamas and alpacas that are at the mercy of shepherds dressed in beautiful costumes typical of the region. After passing by beautiful gorges leading to the highest parts, surrounded by snowy peaks (Ausangate), almost reaching the top we will observe the change of landscape, the mountain range of color of Vinicunca (5020 m / 16.466 ft.).
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||Cusco, Canchis, very close to the Ausangate mountain (sacred mountain).|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive by 6:15 AM for a prompt departure at 6:30 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately 6:30 PM.|
|WEAR||Comfortable athletic clothing, hiking boots, hat, jacket and sunscreen.|
Exploring The Andes Mountains
Access to the mountain of 7 colors is forbidden for obvious reasons. That’s why, and as you see in the photographs, the magnitude and beauty of the mountain of colors you get from an adjoining mountain.
For example, to date there are three routes:
- First route and entrance is through Pitumarca – Checacupe – Quesyuno, from this point you had to walk around 4 to 5 hours, this route is considered the most heavy and difficult route.
- Second route and entrance is through Pitumarca – Checacupe – Pampachiri, from this point you walk approximately 3 to 4 hours depending on the physical state of the tourist.
- Third route and getting by Cusipata – Phulawasipata, the walking time is from 1 to 2 hours depending on the physical state.
The Rainbow Mountain Vinicunca Trek Full Day Peru (Cuzco)
- Vinicunca or rainbow because of the natural colors, it is located southeast of Cusco valley in the Ausangate mountain range in this day tours you can see llamas and alpacas if you are lucky we can see vicuñas and of course you will see the highest mountain in Cusco region Ausangate and the colored mountain known as a rainbow mountain.
- This tour starts with the pickup in your hotel in Cusco time can be coordinated before the tour
- We will drive for about three hours and a half along the way you will have a nice view as we will be driving your tour guide will point the most important places.
- Once we arrive at the starting point of our adventure our crew will prepare a Nutritious Breakfast
- After a good breakfast, we will start our adventure uphill for one and a half hours all the way to the summit.
- Once at the top we will have enough time to enjoy this natural beauty and the surrounding mountains and the glacier.
- Then we will head back to the starting point of the trek will be all downhill.
- Here our amazing chef will be waiting for us with a delicious organic Lunch.
- After lunch, we can have small Siesta.
- After we will take our private transportation back to Cusco.
- Arrival time around 6 PM.
- We will drop you off in your hotel or nearby.
02 Hikers 120 USD per person
03 Hikers 105 USD per person
04 Hikers 85 USD person
05 Hikers 75 USD per person
06 Hikers + 65 USD per person