We speak of the “Cordillera Rainbow of Palccoyo”, a destination that has gained fame due to the coloration in the sediments of this part of the Andes, as the Vinicunca, also with better accessibility allows us to enjoy spectacular views. The place, still little known and far from many tourists, is located in the community of Palccoyo in the district of Checacupe, at 4,900 meters above sea level. To get there you take about three to four hours of travel to the southeast and from the city of Cusco.
Experience the mesmerizing sights of “Cordillera Rainbow of Palccoyo” with our Peru tour. Sign up today!
The Mountain of the Seven Colors of Palccoyo is a set of peaks dyed in colors similar to the Vinicunca (Rainbow Mountain), due to a process of mineralization during millions of years.
The view of the Ausangate mountain covered with snow is impressive. Once we are at the top of our point of view, we will have the Vilcanota Mountain Range in front of us. You will have all the time to rest and take pictures.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco.
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek and return back to Cusco.
- 01 breakfast
- 01 lunch (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- dinner but we can recommend a good restaurant in Cusco city.
- Entrance fee 10 soles.
- Tips for trekking crew.
- Travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl).
PALCCOYO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR
01 CUSCO- PALCCOYO – CUSCO!
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco in Cusco at 6:00 in our private transportation for our rainbow mountain tour.
- From Cusco, we will drive for three hours and a half until the starting point of the hike to the Palccoyo Rainbow mountain tour.
- Here we will start our adventure and hike to the Palccoyo rainbow mountain tour total hiking hours is more or less two hours round trip then you will have time to explore.
- After we enjoy the beauty of nature we will take our van back with direction to Cusco.
- On the way, we will stop to enjoy our lunch prepared by our amazing chef.
- After lunch we will continue to Cusco will be back in Cusco around 6 PM
- We will drop you off in your hotel.
After the tour, if you feel tired you can visit a massage place in order to relax your muscle and continue with your next adventure if you book through Andean soul Adventure you will get a discount of 10%.
the listed price below is with a picnic and organic lunch, need to be book at least two days in advance.
02 Hikers 120 USD per person
03 Hikers 105 USD per person
04 Hikers 85 USD person
05 Hikers 75 USD per person
06 Hikers + 65 USD per person
our price for our semiprivate tours start- from 99 USD per person in this case breakfast and lunch will be in a restaurant.
if need just transportation for this tour get in touch with us!