You want to see how the Incas extracted the stones to build Ollantaytambo! from the mountains so, this tour is for you because on this tour we will go to the quarry where we will see lots of stones ready to transport to Ollantataymbo as well we can see some Inca thumbs then we can continue to the top where we can see an amazing Inca door with a great view to glacier of Veronica from where you will have an incredible view of the sacred valley too!
From Urubamba, we leave to visit the town and the Ollantaytambo Fortress. At this point you can also arrive directly from Cusco
- Private transportation.
- Professional English speaking tour guide.
- Lunch in Ollantaytambo.
- Entrance fee to the religious sector of Ollantaytambo.
CUSCO – OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
- The tour starts at 6 AM we pick you up from your hotel in Cusco will be earlier or Ollantaytambo
- Then we will drive to Ollantaytambo to the starting point of the trek
- Start with our adventure it is all uphill after one hour of a hike you have a great view to Ollantaytambo and Sacred Valley
- After two hours and a half, we will arrive at the first Inca quarry where we will see several stones and thumbs
- Then we will continue for one more hour to the next quarry where we can see more stones half carved and ready to take to the city
- After this we will keep going up to the top of the mountain we will see an Inca site before we get to the top and at the top, we will appreciate one beautiful doorway which is facing Veronica glacier (Waccayhuilca)
- Here at the top, you will have time to take your photos and enjoy the view of the sacred valley and the Andes mountains
- Once we finish we will go back to the town of Ollantaytambo
- Going back will be all downhill and it will take two and a half hours
- Total hiking 7 hours more or less depending on the group paces
- Total distance to cover is 15 kilometers
- Extra time in Ollantaytambo, so you can do Ollantaytambo & Inca quarry
230 USD price is for a group up to 6 people, if your group is bigger please let us know for the specific pricing.
and if you are in Ollantaytambo you can hire just a tour guide so the price will be different