Our Huchuy Qosqo trek to Machupicchu follow the original Inca trail that connects Cusco with sacred valley of the Incas and this tour combine stunning landscapes, Inca sites, amazing view to the snowcapped mountains and spectacular view to the sacred valley all of this just in two day hike and the most important this Huchuy Qosqo trek is peaceful not crowded, this tour ends in Machupicchu the wonder of the world!!
is a town located more than 3,550 meters above sea level on a small plateau at the top of a mountain. From here you can take beautiful views of the other side of the valley, it is possible to appreciate snow-capped mountains of exuberant beauty such as the snow-capped Pitusiray and at the bottom of this privileged view, the town of Calca.
Huchuy Qosqo Trek is an ancient Inca road where the Incas decided to build a temple dedicated to thunder and lightning deities and in ancient times was called Caquia Jaquijahuana. This wonderful location in the center of the mountain is the perfect place to observe the Sacred Mountains of the Sacred Valley of the Incas. In Colonial times, Spaniards saw the similarity between Cusco and little Cusco.
This hike is recommended for people who want to have an easy walk from the Andes of Peru. Personally I like the smooth ascending path to reach the Summit and the mini canyon with the spectacular Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo and the finish at Machu Picchu. One of these settlements must have been on Huchuy Qosqo.
- Starting Altitude – 3750m / 12,467ft.
- Highest Altitude – 4300m / 14,107ft.
- Walking Distance – 18km / 11 miles
- Longest Day – Day 1, approximately 10km / 6.2 miles
- Coldest Night – Day 1 around -2º celsius
- Overall Difficulty – Easy to Moderate.
- Season: All year round.
- Wet season: November to March and April.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before of your tour.
- Collection from your hotel.
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek.
- 03 breakfast 02 lunch 02 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request).
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place.
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu sanctuary.
- Porters to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos.
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides).
- Dinning ten with table and chairs.
- Four-man ten for every two hikers.
- Sleeping Pad.
- Round trip bus ticket on day five.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Sleeping bag (five seasons) can be hired from us
- Lunch and dinner on day three.
- Entrance to Wayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain.
- Tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks, and porters.
- Hot springs in MachupicchuPuebloo (10 soles).
- Travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl).
DAY 01 CUSCO – PUCAMARCA – HUCHUY QOSQO
fo our Huchuy Qosqo trek we pick you up from your hotel and take to the starting point, Tambo Machay here we will start our amazing short trek to Machupicchu at the beginning we will see a small Inca site called Tambo Machay with a beautiful stonework with a great trapezoidal niches after few pictures will continue with our Andean adventure through the Andes this first section will be uphill for two hours more or less until we get to first false summit of course this one is the steepest after still will be gaming elevation gradually will be in plateau and the view it is outstanding of course will have time to enjoy and take photos along the way as well we will see llamas, alpacas, lakes, and potatoes farms after 5 or 6 hours depending on our pace we will arrive in our lunch place will enjoy our delicious lunch after we have small nap then continue to our campsite for approximately 2 more hours until Huchuy Qosqo here is where we will spend a night with a lovely view of the sacred valley.
DAY 02 HUCHUY QOSQO – OLLANTAYTAMBO –MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO
Our superb team will wake us up with a nice hot coca tea them we will have time to get ready our stuff following, will enjoy breakfast after delicious breakfast we will visit the magnificent Inca site of Huchuy Qosqo here you will explore with your tour guide all around afterward we will start descending for like two hours all the way to Lamay where we will have the last lunch and after lunch we will say goodbye to our superb team so it is traditional to leave tips for their hard work, Lamay is very well known by the guinea pig, here you can try the best-roasted guinea pigs!! must try!! Following we will drive for one hour and a half to Ollantaytambo in order to take the train down to Machupicchu Pueblo the train ride is for two hours from the train station you will go to your hotel where you will have time to nap, in the evening you will go to a restaurant where you will have dinner after dinner then bedtime.
DAY 03 LOST CITY OF THE INCAS- OLLANTAYTAMBO – CUSCO
Early you will go to the bus stations in order to board one of the first buses to Machupicchu, in order to enjoy the sunrise at this magnificent citadel (of course this depend on the weather) the buses start running at 5:30 am and take 25 minutes to get once you in Machupicchu your guide will give two hours tour guided of the citadel them you have free time to explore the place, if you have tickets either Machu Picchu or Wayna Picchu mountain your tour guide will take you to the entrance. Wayna Picchu mountain takes 2 hours round trip Machu Picchu mountain takes 4 hours round trip. Those need to be booked in advance and cost 25 USD per person.
When you are done exploring the citadel you have to take the bus back to Machupicchu pueblo in order to have your last lunch with your group this lunch is not included in the tour package but you can organize with your tour guide then you will head back by train to Ollantaytambo where our private transportation will be waiting for you in order to take you back to Cuzco to your hotel, end of Huchuy Qosqo tour.
- Original Passport.
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable Trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher).
- Insect repellant.
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication.
- Camera .
- Torch with spare batteries.
- First aid kit
Huchuy qosqo trek private service
02 people 560 USD per person
04 people 520 USD per person
06 + people 480 USD per person