Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu 5 days
Salkantay trek 5 days
The 5-day Salkantay trek to Machupicchu is considered one of the famous treks in Cusco besides the Inca trail and is the best alternative trek to get to Machu Picchu. It goes through different micro-climates, changing the scenery every day. You’ll witness the glacier, valleys, jungle, and hot springs on this tour, and will enjoy beautiful landscapes with amazing lakes, incredible snowcap mountains, and lush tropical cloud forests. This path was used by our ancestors in order to connect Machu Picchu through the Lactapata Inca site, and the 5-day trek tour package offers a perfect mix of trekking, culture, and nature.
TOUR BY DAY:
- Day 01 Cusco – Mollepata – Humantay Lake – Salkantay pampa
- Day 02 Salkantay Pampa – Ccolpapampa
- Day 3 Ccolpapampa – La Playa
- Day 4 la Playa Hidro electrica – Machu Picchu
- Day 5 Machu Picchu – back to Cusco
- Starting Altitude – 2900m / 9515ft.
- Highest Altitude – 4650m / 15,200ft
- Walking Distance – 60.5 km / 37.5 miles
- Longest Day – Day 2, approximately 21 km/13 miles
- Coldest Night – Day 1 around 0º celsius
- Overall Difficulty – Difficult (depends on your level of fitness).
- Duration – 05 days
- Group size – up to 8 people
- Hight season – April to September
Acclimatization is Recommended you have to spend at least 48 hours over 3000 meters above sea level)
Salkantay Trek 5 days – Salkantay to Machu picchu
Day 01 Cuzco- Mollepata -Soraypampa
We will pick you up from your hotel at 5 am you will be picked up by your tour guide in order to start your adventure to Machupicchu from Cusco we will drive for 2 hours and a half until Mollepata where we will stop in order to buy our breakfast after breakfast we will drive for another 30 more minutes until Marko Q’asa here is where our official hiking adventure begins! Once you get off the bus you will have time to get ready and get our group picture before we start our Salkantay trek 5 days the first two hours will be uphill with beautiful views until we arrive irrigation canal from this section we will for another 2 hours and a half this section is pretty flat until our lunch spot with outstanding view to Humantay glacier and Salkantay once we arrive at Soraypampa this is going to be our lunch spot and campsite, after lunch we will hike to the lake which will take us two hours and a half once you arrive you enjoy the majestic Humantay glacial and the amazing turquoise lake after you enjoy the lake we will go back to our campsite in order to organize our bed and wear our warm clothes because this is our coldest campsite with an amazing view!
Day 02 Soraypampa – Chalway – CColpapampa
Early in the morning, our team will wake us up with a hot coca tea afterward you will have time to get ready your stuff them you will have your breakfast after good breakfast we will start with our amazing hike this is going to be the longest day, the most beautiful day and the highest point of our Salkantay trek, the first three hours will be uphill until we get to the highest point salkantay pass 4650 m 15255ft we will be so close to the glacial of salkantay which is considered one of the second highest mountain in Cuzco we will have time to enjoy the view of the valleys from the top after that we will continue with the downhill for another two hours until wayracmachay this place is our lunch stop once we enjoy our amazing and nutrition lunch we will continue with the downhill for another four more hours more o les until we arrive to our campsite after lunch the clime will change we will be in a high jungle where will be able to see beautiful flowers and hummingbirds you will pass chalway village and the river with the same name little uphill them campsite!
Day 03 Colpapampa- la playa
Wake up call with hot coca tea and then time to get ready our stuff after good breakfast time to start with our hike today will be an easy day with little uphill and downhill with lovely vegetation as well we will pass through some small villages the families are farmers so you will have chance to taste different jungle fruit, still you will descend like 800m until our lunch spot which is la playa and will be our campsite too so in the afternoon we will have free time like this you will rest for the following day or if you want to visit the hot spring you can arrange with the tour guide, tea time dinner and bedtime.
Day 04 la playa- Hidro Electrica – Machupicchu pueblo
Today we will wake up early in order to conquer on of our last mountains in our trek, wakeup call around 5 Am them you have time to organize you stuff following you have breakfast after we start with our hike the first 30 minutes we will follow the dusty road until we reach to head of the inca trail that heads to the small inca site at the top of the mountain from the fork is going to be uphill for 3 hours with beautiful views to the mountains surrounding vilcabamba once we reach to the top we will descend for ten minutes until the small incan site called llactapata in where we will have time to explore, enjoy the surrounding mountains and machupicchu in the distance them time to continue with downhill for 2 hour until hidro electrica where we will have our last lunch after lunch we will say good bye to our chef it is a tradition to give tips after this ceremony we will continue to the town of machupicchu pueblo we will do our check-in at the hotel then you will have time to enjoy your showers and them we will go to one restaurant where we will have our last dinner as well you will organize with your tour guide for the following day Machupicchu.
Day 05 Machupicchu citadel!!
Early in the morning, your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel you will go to the bus station in order to take the bus to Machu Picchu the wonder of the world once you arrive you will have a guided tour for two hours where you will visit the most important temples after the guided tour you have your free time in order to explore more if you have permits to hike either Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain. Your guide will give you your bus tickets to go down to Machupicchu pueblo as well will offer you a meeting point in a restaurant to enjoy your last lunch in a local restaurant, of course, this is optional.
In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo where our bus driver will be waiting for you with the Andean Soul Adventure logo and take you back to Cuzco.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE SALKANTAY TREK?
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour
- Collection from your hotel
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek
- 04 breakfast 04 lunch 04 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu sanctuary
- horse to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Dining tent with table and chairs
- Four-man ten for every two hikers
- Sleeping pad
- round trip bus ticket on day five
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED IN SALKANTAY TREK?
- sleeping bag (five-season) can be hired from us
- breakfast on day first lunch and dinner on day five
- entrance to Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain
- tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks, and porters
- hot springs on day 3
- travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl)
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit
Salkantay trek 5 days to Machu Picchu
550 USD per person
I want to book this Tour
CALLE MARQUEZ Nº 250 2ND FLOOR OFFICE N° 8
+51 993 633 588