This natural beauty officially called Vinincunca nowadays know as a rainbow mountain hike because of the natural colors, it is located southeast of Cusco valley in the Ausangate mountain range. This tour is considered new route and the most interesting, this amazing tour can be done in one day you can see all this beauty provided by the Pachamama (mother earth) this is challenging one day hike for this hike you have to acclimate so this meant that you have to spend at least 48 hours over 3000 meters above sea level.
Book in advance.
- Meals: Breakfast, Snacks, Lunch.
- Lowest Elevation: 3700 m/ 11840ft.
- Highest Elevation: 5200 m/ 16640 ft.
- The distance of walking: 15km/10miles.
- Approximate walking time: 7 hours,
- Level of Difficulty: Challenging.
- Area: Dry Mountain.
Día 1: Rainbow mountain hike
This rainbow mountain hike starts with pick you up from your hotel at 5 Am our adventure and conquer the Andes where the unbelievable rainbow mountain is located, we will drive for 3 hours and a half approx until the starting point small village called Quesiuno from Cusco to Quesiuno we will pass through valleys, mountains, and many villages. Before we start hiking our chef will make for us a very nutritious breakfast them we will start with the adventure it the first section will be gradual uphill with some steep areas and takes three hours more or less on the way up we will enjoy the view of many mountains and valley, llamas, alpacas if are lucky we can see vicuñas this one has the finest wool once we will get closer to the top will have spectacular view of the highest mountain in Cusco region the enigmatic Ausangate with an elevation of 6372m 20905ft.
Once we reach the summit to the rainbow mountain your tour guide will give further information about this marvelous colors of the mountain as well about the Andes mountains after this you will have your free time to get your pictures and relax, of course, your tour guide will show you the best spots.
After you enjoy and finish taken photos of the rainbow mountain we will head back to the starting point of our trek, our best team will be waiting for us with a delicious lunch and hot Coca tea after lunch you can give your appreciation to our chef and assistant chef.
After a good lunch, we will take our private bus in order to drive us back to Cusco arrival time will be around 5:00 pm and we will drop you at your hotel.
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
- Pre-departure briefing the night before of your tour.
- Collection from your hotel.
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek and return back to Cusco.
- 01 breakfast 01 lunch snack (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides).
- Dinning ten with table and chairs.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Entrance fee to the rainbow mountain.
- Horse in case you feel tired you can hire horse along the trail offered by the local families.
- Dinner but we can recommend you a good restaurant in Cusco city.
- Tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks, and porters.
- Travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl).
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE
- Original Passport.
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable Trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher).
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication.
- First aid kit.
02 Hikers 120 USD per person
03 Hikers 105 USD per person
04 Hikers 85 USD person
05 Hikers 75 USD per person
06 Hikers + 65 USD per person
maximum group size 16 with two experienced top tour guides.