Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Tour
Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain Tour Full Day
Palccoyo rainbow Mountain tour is the alternative to Vinicunca rainbow mountain a destination that has gained fame due to the coloration in the sediments as the Vinicunca, but with better accessibility allows us to enjoy spectacular views. The place, still little known and far from many tourists, and it has three different small rainbow mountains is located in the community of Palccoyo in the district of Checacupe, at 4,900 meters above sea level.
Experience the mesmerizing sights of “Palccoyo Rainbow Mountain” with a local tour operator
The view of the Ausangate mountain covered with snow is impressive. Once we are at the top of the cordillera of Palccoyo you will have a 360 view the incredible view of the colored mountains and the Ausangate Snow-capped
Tour by Days:
- Day 01 Cusco – Palccoyo rainbow mountain – Cusco
Where is located Palccoyo rainbow mountain?
This incredible tourist attraction is located southeast of Cusco City located in a small community with the same name Palccoyo
How high is Palccoyo?
In this tour you will drive up to 4800 m, here you will start hiking and you can go up 4950 m which is the highest point on Palccoyo rainbow mountain tour from where you will have breathtaking views.
How long is the Hike?
Compared with Vinicunca Rainbow mountain Palccoyo is much easier because you will hike only 40 minutes round trip including the stops on the viewpoints.
it is a full-day tour in Cusco.
What can I see in Palccoyo?
On this day tour to Palccoyo, we will see three different rainbow mountains small ones compared with Vinicunca, we will see as well an incredible stone forest with different shapes that gives a special touch to the place.
SIZE: Up to 8 people
When is the best time to visit Palccoyo?
the best time to Palccoyo is from April to October it is our dry season where you will have a better chance to have great weather and the rest of the year from December to March it is Our rainy season but still you can enjoy your adventure in Cusco and its surroundings.
The highlight of the Palccoyo rainbow mountain tour:
- A short distance of the hike
- you will see 3 different rainbow mountains
- Less crowded than the Vinicunca Rainbow mountain
- At Palccoyo you will see stone forest too
Enjoy your visit to the rainbow mountain in Peru
PALCCOYO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN TOUR ITINERARY
PALCCOYO RAINBOW MOUNTAIN FULL DAY considered the alternative rainbow mountain to Vinicunca tour in Peru is one full day tour where you will experience the best of the colorful mountains and the Ausangate snowcap mountain close up.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco in Cusco at 5:00 in our private transportation for our rainbow mountain tour.
- From Cusco, we will drive for three hours and a half until the starting point of the hike to the Palccoyo Rainbow mountain tour.
- Here we will start our adventure and hike to the Palccoyo rainbow mountain tour total hiking hours are more or less two hours round trip then you will have time to explore.
- After we enjoy the beauty of nature we will take our van back with direction to Cusco.
- On the way, we will stop to enjoy our lunch prepared by our amazing chef.
- After lunch we will continue to Cusco will be back in Cusco around 5 PM
- We will drop you off at your hotel Cusco.
After the tour, if you feel tired you can visit a massage place in order to relax your muscle and continue with your next adventure if you book through Andean soul Adventure you will get a discount of 10%.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour.
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco.
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek and return back to Cusco.
- 01 breakfast
- 01 lunch (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- dinner but we can recommend a good restaurant in Cusco city.
- Entrance fee 10 soles.
- Tips for trekking crew.
- Travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl).
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Original Passport.
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable Trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher).
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication.
- Torch with spare batteries.
- First aid kit.
- 02 Hikers 95 USD per person
- 03 Hikers 90 USD per person
- 04 Hikers 85 USD person
- 05 Hikers 75 USD per person
- 06 Hikers + 65 USD per person
our price for our semiprivate tours start- from 85 USD per person in this case breakfast and lunch will be in a restaurant.
If need just transportation for this tour get in touch with us!
Thank you so much for booking with us the Palccoyo rainbow mountain tour. We will work really hard to make a lifetime experience for you.
Contact us with any questions…we are here to help.
ALL DEPARTURES 100% GUARANTEED – IF YOU’RE BOOKED, YOU’RE GOING
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does it cost to go to Rainbow Mountain in Peru?
You will find different prices for the Palccoyo day tour if you are looking with a picnic lunch the price goes from 150 USD to 95 USD per person for this incredible day tour to Palccoyo rainbow mountain tour known as the alternative to Vinicunca.
Can you do Rainbow Mountain without a tour guide?
Yes, you can do without a tour guide just you need to arrange you transportation in local transportation from Cusco to Combapata from here you have to take a taxi to the trail head of Pallcoyo Rainbow mountain.
How much does it cost to hike Rainbow Mountain?
Going without tour guide may be cheaper if you are in a group but may take you more time and you may get lots on the way you need to have a really good map and find some reliable taxi driver approx price would be like 60 USD.
Which Rainbow Mountain is better?
In Cusco Peru, there are 3 different rainbow mountains, of course, the well-known one is Vinicunca is the second most visited place after Machu Picchu it unique place but hard to get to the top, especially for the altitude you will be over 5000 meters from where you will have an outstanding view to Vinicunca.
Palccoy the alternative rainbow mountain is perfect for those who don’t like hiking much because it is a short hike and almost flat compared with Vinicunca in this Palccoyo you will have the chance to see three different rainbow mountains and a stone forest all of this beauty in a day tour.
The third one is Pallaypucchu Rainbow mountain it is a single mountain but with so vibrant colors probable the hike is the longest between the rainbow mountains and the hardest.
How long is the hike up Rainbow Mountain?
Palccoyo rainbow mountain is one of the most accessible ones it takes you only 35 minutes to get to the third view case you want to get to the top where the stone forest will take you 50 minutes approx. round trip 1:30 minutes.
Is the Rainbow Mountain hike worth doing?
Is a must in Cusco if you have a spare day in Cusco after Machu Picchu you have to see it with your eyes don’t let them tell you it is an easy day tour from Cusco departures are every day with a minimum of two people.
I want to book this Tour
CALLE MARQUEZ Nº 250 2ND FLOOR OFFICE N° 8
+51 993 633 588