Our one-day trip to Machupicchu by train is an excellent option for those who have very short time and still they want to visit the lost city of the Incas Machupicchu still, you can explore the most important citadel of Machu Picchu in one day going by train!! Known as a Machupicchu express.
Book in advance.
Cusco – Machu Picchu – Cusco
- We will collect you from your hotel early in the morning (around 3.30 am) we will drive to Ollantaytambo train station.
- In Ollantaytambo, we will take the train at (6:15 approx.) this time to be confirmed
- We will follow the sacred river (Wilcamayu) with a spectacular view and some Inca site all the way to Machupicchu Pueblo
- At the train station, your tour guide will be waiting for you in order to head straight up to Machu Picchu for your guided tour.
- In Machu Picchu, your tour guide will show you the most important places and you will learn about the Incas!!
- Then you will have free time to explore by yourself.
- Once you finish exploring you have to take the bus to Machu Picchu Pueblo if you still have time you can buy you lunch and after lunch goes to the train station to board the train back to Ollantaytambo here one of our representatives will be waiting for you to pick you up and take you back to Cusco.
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- Pick-up from your hotel
- Transportation by bus to and from Ollantaytambo
- Return transportation by Expedition Train from Ollantaytambo to Aguas Calientes
- Entrance to Machu Picchu and 2 hours guided tour of the site
- Round trip bus to Machu Picchu site
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu Mountain
- Entrance to Machupicchu mountain
- Travel Insurance – you are strongly recommended to take out travel insurance for the duration of your trip.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE
What you need to take:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Personal medication
- Camera and film
- November to April rainy season