Our private service Lares trek is perfect for honeymooners, families with young children and group of friends basically you will travel with your loved ones only, and this meant smaller groups you will get the full attention of our professional tour guides along the trail, you can take your own you won’t be rushed by the faster hikers in your group.
Book in advance.
- Starting Altitude – 2900m / 9514ft.
- Highest Altitude – 4780m / 15,682ft.
- Walking Distance – 34km / 21 miles.
- Longest Day – Day 1, approximately 14km / 8.7 miles.
- Coldest Night – Day 1 around -2º Celsius.
- Overall Difficulty – Moderate difficult (depends on your level of fitness).
- Acclimatization is recommended you have to spend at least 48 hours over 3000 meters above sea level).
Day 01 Cusco – Pumahuanca- Cuyuc – camp!
for our lares trek we will collect from your hotel at 5 in the morning to start this wonderful Lares trek, from Cusco we will drive in our private transportation for 2 hours until Pumahuanca here we will have your first breakfast after your tour guide will introduce our team, here is when you will give your duffle bag to the horse men they will take to the camp, following you will start your adventure to Machupicchu until lunch place we will hike for 3 to 4 hours more or less of hike gradual uphill along the way you will see organic potato farm and your tour guide will point you medicinal plants that we have along the hike that is used in the place by our Andean people them we will arrive to Quyoc where our crew will be waiting for us and preparing a delicious lunch after lunch we have a siesta, following we will continue our hike to the camp it will take us another two or three more hours with the beautiful land scape and waterfall, outstanding view of the sacred valley and finally we will arrive at our camp where we will spend the night by the time we arrive everything will ready for us, there will be an afternoon tea after we will have dinner day one over!
Day 02 Quyoc- Sicllaq’asa pass – kunkani!
Wake up of our second day Lares trek is at 5 in the morning once you finish packing your stuff we will have breakfast after that we get our boiled cool water for the day after following we will start with our adventure to Machupicchu this day is the challenging day and why not the most beautiful day with outstanding views along the way from the camp we will start going up for three hours in some sections we will go in zigzag in order to avoid the steep sections the reward of this sections will be the view as long as we get elevation we will have better and better view of the Andes mountains the highest point of our trek is going to be the Sicllaq’asa pass with an elevation of 4830 m 15846ft here will have time to take photos as well one of our porters will be waiting for us with a nice hot tea after we enjoy we will start going downhill for one hour until we arrive at the vista point where we will have lunch after lunch we will continue with the downhill with last 2 hours with a nice view to the valley of kunkani as well we will see llamas and alpacas, before we arrive at our camp will pass the village some authentic style houses from the farmers this technique they get from our ancestors their houses with stone walls and thatched roof few more minutes we will be arriving at our official camp site where our amazing team will be waiting for us with warm welcome and the tent will be set up for us ready to rest after a long day them you have your hot tea time and dinner.
Day 03 Kunkani –Lares hot springs – Ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu Pueblo
wake up at 6 am then you will have time to organize and get ready your duffle bag after you will enjoy our breakfast then we will start the last part our hike this section is all downhill for like two hours, once we lose elevation the environment will change we will see native forest and no natives, when we get closer to Lares hot springs we will see farm lands and different crops that grow in Lares valley and the most important is yellow corn locals make chicha (wich is naturally fermented corn beer) we can find this in lares town, this was their sacred drink of the Incas at hot spring we will stop for our last lunch after lunch once we finish our Lares trek Hike you will have time to enjoy the pools from different temperatures from cool to very hot this water in volcanic and it has different minerals that is medicinal for your bones, sore muscle and stress after we will say good bye to our team it is a tradition to show our appreciation for their hard job after this small ceremony our bus will come to pick us up and drive for three hours to Ollantaytambo once we arrive, if we have time we can explore this amazing place which considered the Inca living town, the foundation of the houses and layout of the street are Inca original after we will take two hours train to Machu Picchu pueblo we will do our check in at the hotel then in the evening your tour guide will come to your hotel and take to one restaurant where you will have dinner after dinner you will get information for the following day recommended to rest early.
Day 04Machupicchu the lost city of the Incas!!
Early in the morning your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel you will go to the bus station in order to take bus to Machupicchu the wonder of the world once you arrive you will have guided tour for two hours where you will visit the most important temples after the guided tour you have your free time in order to explore more, if you have permits to hike either Wayna Picchu or Machupicchu mountain. Your guide will give you your bus tickets to go down to Machupicchu pueblo as well will offer you a meeting point in a restaurant to enjoy your last lunch in a local restaurant, of course, this is optional.
In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollantaytambo where our bus driver will be waiting for you with Andean Soul Adventure logo and take you back to Cuzco end of our Lares trek.
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
What is included?
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour
- Collection from your hotel
- Private bus to the starting point of the Lares trek
- 04 breakfast 04 lunch 04 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu sanctuary
- horse to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Dinning ten with table and chairs
- Four-man ten for every two hikers
- Sleeping Pad
- round trip bus ticket on day five
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
What is not included?
- sleeping bag (five seasons) can be hired from us
- breakfast on day first lunch and dinner on day five
- entrance to WaynaPicchuu or Machupicchu mountain
- tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks, and porters
- hot springs in Lares (10 soles)
- travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit