the Lares trek combines the beauty of the mountains, lakes and valleys with the cultural because the route that we offer goes through authentic Andean villages where we will see the authentic culture of our ancestor is still alive you can learn the traditions.
The villages that we will pass Pumahuanca the starting point of the trek that belong to the sacred valley where they grow the biggest corn in the world after few hours will be in the highland in this area we will see alpacas, llamas and potatoes farm day three you will change to relax in the medicinal hot spring of Lares town them we will take bus to Ollantaytambo from here will continue by train to machupicchu.
Book in advance.
- Starting Altitude – 2900m / 9514ft.
- Highest Altitude – 4780m / 15,682ft.
- Walking Distance – 34km / 21 miles.
- Longest Day – Day 1, approximately 14km / 8.7 miles.
- Coldest Night – Day 1 around -2º Celsius.
- Lares trek overall Difficulty – Moderate difficult (depends on your level of fitness).
- Acclimatization is recommended you have to spend at least 48 hours over 3000 meters above sea level).
Day 01 Cusco – Pumahuanca- Quyuc – camp!
the lares trek start at 5 in the morning to start this wonderful Lares trek, from Cusco we will drive in our private transportation for 2 hours until Pumahuanca here we will have your first breakfast after your tour guide will introduce our team, here is when you will give your duffle bag to the horse men they will take to the camp, following you will start your adventure to Lares trek until lunch place we will hike for 3 to 4 hours more or less of hike gradual uphill along the way you will see organic potato farm and your tour guide will point you medicinal plants that we have along the hike that is used in the place by our Andean people then we will arrive to Quyoc where our crew will be waiting for us and preparing a delicious lunch after lunch we have a siesta, following we will continue our hike to the camp it will take us another two more hours with the beautiful land scape and waterfall, outstanding view of the sacred valley and finally we will arrive at our camp where we will spend the night by the time we arrive everything will ready for us, there will be an afternoon tea after we will have dinner day one over!
Day 02 Quyoc- Sicllaq’asa pass – Kunkani!
wake up at 5 in the morning organize your stuff then we will have breakfast after we will start with our Lares trek to Machupicchu this day is the challenging day and why not the most beautiful day with outstanding views along the way from the camp we will start going up for three hours in some sections we will go in zigzag in order to avoid the steep sections the reward of this sections will be the view as long as we get elevation we will have better view of the Andes mountains the highest point of our trek is going to be the Sicllaq’asa pass with an elevation of 4830 m 15846ft here will have time to take photos after we enjoy we will start going downhill for two hours until we arrive at the vista point where we will have lunch after lunch we will continue with the downhill for 2 hours with a nice view to the valley of kunkani as well we will see llamas and alpacas, before we arrive at our camp will pass the village some authentic style houses from the farmers this technique they get from our ancestors their houses with stone walls and thatched roof few more minutes we will be arriving to our official camp site where our amazing team will be waiting for us with warm welcome and the tent will be set up for us ready to rest after a long day then you have your hot tea time and dinner.
Day 03 Kunkani –Lares hot springs – ollantaytambo – Machu Picchu Pueblo
Our amazing Andean porters will wake us up with a nice coca tea them you will have time to organize and get ready your duffle bag once you are ready you will enjoy our breakfast after we will start the last part our lares trek this section is all downhill for like two hours more or less once we lose elevation the environment will change we will see native forest and no natives, when we get closer to Lares hot springs we will see farm lands and different crops that grow in Lares trek valley and the most important could be the yellow corn they make chicha (wich is naturally fermented corn beer) this was their sacred drink of the Incas hare at the hot spring finish our lares trek!!, we will stop for our last lunch after lunch after you will have time to enjoy the pools this water is volcanic and it has different minerals that are medicinal for your bones, sore muscle and stress after we enjoy this hot springs then we will say good bye to our team it is a tradition to show our appreciation for their hard job done after this small ceremony we will drive to Ollantaytambo once we arrive if we have time we can explore this amazing place which considered the Inca living town, the foundation of the houses and layout of the street are Inca original after we will take train to Machupicchu pueblo we will do our check in at the hotel then in the evining you will go to a restaurant where you will have dinner after dinner you will get information for the following day recommended to rest early.
Day 04Machupicchu the lost city of the Incas!!
Early in the morning your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel you will go to the bus station in order to take bus to Machupicchu the wonder of the world once you arrive you will have guided tour for two hours where you will visit the most important temples after the guided tour you have your free time in order to explore more, if you have permits to hike either waynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain. Your guide will give you your bus tickets to go down to Machupicchu pueblo as well will offer you a meeting point in a restaurant to enjoy your last lunch in a local restaurant of course this is optional.
In the afternoon you will take the train back to Ollanataytambo where our bus driver will be waiting for you with Andean Soul Adventure logo and take you back to Cuzco end of our Lares trek.
INCLUDED / NOT INCLUDED
What is included?
- Pre-departure briefing the night before of your tour
- Collection from your hotel
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek
- 04 breakfast 04 lunch 04 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten free special diets upon your request.)
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place
- Entrance fee to Machupicchu sanctuary
- horse to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Dinning ten with table and chairs
- Four man ten for every two hikers
- Sleeping pad
- round trip bus ticket on day five
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
What is not included?
- sleeping bag (five season) can be hired from us
- breakfast on day first lunch and dinner on day five
- entrance to waynapicchu or Machupicchu mountain
- tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks and porters
- hot springs in Lares (10 soles)
- travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl)
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO TAKE
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket / rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit