Machu Picchu in Peru is one of the most incredible historical sites in the world and an unforgettable experience for any traveler. Now, you have the opportunity to explore this ancient ruin like never before by taking a unique tour of Machu Picchu by train.
This tour combines convenience with luxury, allowing you to enjoy the breathtaking views as you make your way to this iconic destination.
Why Machu Picchu?
Machu Picchu, it’s a must-see destination for any traveler. Taking a train to Machu Picchu is the most popular way of getting there and enjoying the view along the way, through its panoramic windows.
The Sacred Valley offers amazing views of lush mountain valleys, rushing rivers, ancient Incan ruins, and colorful villages. The journey is not only scenic but provides travelers with an opportunity to learn about Peru’s diverse culture, history, and landscape.
Choosing a Train: Types & Options
Train travel is a wonderful way to explore the magnificent beauty of Peru. Spectacular views of the majestic Urubamba river, snow-capped mountains, and amazing Inca terraces can be seen from the comfort of a train car.
Whether you’re looking for luxury or economy options, there are plenty of trains available when traveling from Cusco to Aguas Calientes.
Join us for a thrilling 2-day tour to Machu Picchu by train! Explore the ancient ruins of one of the most iconic sites in South America with Andean Soul. Don’t miss out on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to see Machu Picchu in all its glory. Book your spot today
Views & Stops Along the Way
The journey to Machu Picchu is not only a visual feast but also an experience filled with stops and views along the way.
For those traveling by train, there are several locations that offer stunning panoramas of Peru’s landscape and cultural heritage.
As your train leaves Cusco and heads towards Aguas Calientes, it will make its first stop in Ollantaytambo. Here you can take in the Incan ruins while admiring tall fortress walls made of granite blocks cut into perfect shapes and sizes. The town itself is small enough to explore on foot and many locals still live here enjoying their traditional lifestyle.
Another popular viewing spot is at Chachabamba where passengers get a glimpse of the ancient terraces used for agriculture during the Incan period.
Traveling by train to Machu Picchu has become a popular way for adventurous travelers to experience the breathtaking sights of Peru. The journey is full of fascinating discoveries, offering an opportunity to immerse oneself in Peru’s vibrant culture and stunning landscape. Whether you choose the luxurious Hiram Bingham Train or opt for more budget-friendly options, your exciting adventure awaits onboard.
The journey itself is something special; passengers can sit back and take in views of snow-capped mountains, small villages, terraced hillsides, lush vegetation, and much more as they make their way through the Sacred Valley toward Machu Picchu.
Accommodations in Aguas Calientes
Aguas Calientes, located beneath Machu Picchu in Peru, is a small but popular tourist town. With its breathtaking mountain scenery, hot springs, and access to the famous site of Machu Picchu, it is no wonder that it has become one of the most popular tourist destinations in South America.
From Aguas Calientes, visitors have easy access to Machu Picchu via a bus service that departs from the town’s station. The bus offers a comfortable journey for 25 minutes! and for those looking for comfortable accommodation options in Aguas Calientes, there are plenty on offer.
The town offers a variety of hotels ranging from budget hostels to luxury 5-star resorts offering an array of amenities such as swimming pools, fitness centers, and spas. There are also many restaurants serving delicious local cuisine and offering memorable views over the surrounding mountains.
Some popular hotels are Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Inti Punku Machu Picchu Hotel, Sumaq Machu Picchu Hotel, Tierra Viva Machu Picchu Hotel, Casa del Sol Machu Picchu Hotel, El Mapi by Inkaterra, Inkaterra Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel, Royal Inka Machu Picchu Hotel, Machu Picchu Sanctuary Lodge, Eco Machu Picchu Pueblo Hotel.
Tips for Visiting Machu Picchu by Train
Visiting Machu Picchu is a once-in-a-lifetime experience that shouldn’t be missed! Whether you take the train or hike The Inca Trail, there are many great ways to explore this incredible site. If you’re considering taking the train to Machu Picchu, here are some tips on making your journey both enjoyable and memorable.
Here are some tips for visiting Machu Picchu by train:
- buy your Machu Picchu Tickets: you have to buy your entrance ticket to Machu Picchu at least 1 month in advance, especially in the high season.
- Choose the right train: There are several different train options that go to Machu Picchu, each with different amenities and prices. Research the different options and choose the one that best fits your budget and preferences.
- Book your train tickets in advance: Train tickets to Machu Picchu sell out quickly, so book your tickets as far in advance as possible.
- Arrive early at the train station: The train station can get crowded, especially during peak season, so arrive early to ensure you have enough time to board your train.
- Bring a jacket and comfortable shoes: The temperature on the train can be cool and the terrain around Machu Picchu can be uneven and rocky, so bring a jacket and comfortable shoes that provide good traction.
- Consider a guided train tour: A guided train tour is a great way to learn about the history and significance of Machu Picchu while also getting a comfortable train ride.
- Take the first train of the day: Take the first train of the day to Machu Picchu, this way you can arrive earlier and take advantage of the time before the crowds arrive.
- Take advantage of the train’s amenities: Some trains offer amenities such as food and drinks, entertainment, and panoramic views. Take advantage of these services to make your trip more enjoyable.
- Bring your passport and train tickets: Make sure you bring your passport and train tickets with you. You will need them to board the train and enter Machu Picchu.
A trip to Machu Picchu by train is an experience of a lifetime. It is a journey that will take you back in time and into the heart of the ancient Inca Empire.
From the comfort and convenience of your seat, you can witness stunning scenery, learn about the fascinating history, and be awed by one of the world’s most remarkable archaeological sites.
From majestic views to delicious food to incredible stories, this journey has something for everyone to enjoy.