Inca Quarry trek to Machu Picchu 4 days
The Inca quarry Trek to Machu Picchu is one of the newest trekking routes in the Cusco region. Based in the area around Ollantaytambo the Inca quarry trek takes you along the incredible waterfalls, Inca ruins and beautiful scenery of the Sacred Valley and mountains surrounding the valley one of the fascinating place will be the Inca quarry from where the Incas took rocks to build Ollantaytambo Inca site.
Book an affordable Inca quarry trek to Machu Picchu with Andean Soul Adventure.
Cachicata Trek is one of the new hiking trails offered in the Cusco region. Based around Ollantaytambo. The Cachicata hike takes you through high waterfalls, Inca ruins and beautiful landscapes. The highlight of this trip is the visit to the Inca site of Cachicata, the quarry that supplies the stones used in the construction of Ollantaytambo with mummies, chullpas and well preserved Inca buildings, this is one of the most interesting sites in the Cusco region.
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour.
- Collection from your hotel.
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek.
- 04 breakfast 03 lunch 03 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.).
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place.
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu sanctuary.
- horse to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos.
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides).
- Dining tent with table and chairs.
- Four men tent for every two hikers.
- Sleeping Pad.
- round trip bus ticket on day four.
- Oxygen bottle.
- First aid kit.
- Sleeping bag (five seasons) can be hired from us.
- lunch and dinner on day four.
- Entrance to Waynapicchu or Machu Picchu mountain.
- Tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks, and porters.
- Hot springs in Lares (10 soles).
- Travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl).
DAY 01 CUSCO – SOCMA – RAYANNIYUC
- We will collect you from your hotel in our private transportation at 5:30 Am
- We will drive for 2 hours more or less along the sacred valley until Socma
- In Socma we will meet our team, get breakfast and get ready to start our adventure
- We will hike for one hour and a half and arrive at the beautiful waterfall then we will continue going up for one hour and a half more we will arrive at the Inca site
- At the Inca site, you will explore and relax with your tour guide
- Then you will continue with the hike for one more hour until Rayanniyuc where we will have our first lunch and spent a night.
- Professional English speaking tour guide
- Private transportation to the starting point of the trek
- Drinkable water after lunch
DAY 02 RAYANNIYUC – PUKAPUJIO PASS – QUARRY PASS – CACHICCATA QUARRY
- You will have a nice wakeup call with coca tea after we will have nutritious breakfast
- After breakfast we will start with our adventure it will uphill along the way we will see local families, the uphill will take us 3 hours more or less
- Once we reach the summit we will have time to enjoy the spectacular view of the sacred valley.
- Then we will go continue for 20 more minutes to our lunch spot where our team will be waiting for us with great organic food
- After lunch, we will continue with our adventure this section will be Inca flat much easier but the last 20 minutes will steep to conquer the second mountain in one day!
- Here you will have a great view of the sacred valley and to the glacier of Veronica
- Then we will start going down the first section will steep and gravel for 1 hour and a half then the path will get gentle
- After two hours and a half hike, we will arrive at the beautiful Inca gate which is facing the glacier of Veronica from where we will have a spectacular view of Ollantaytambo City.
- After this amazing viewpoint, we will continue 45 minutes more for our second camping site where our team will be waiting for us ready with the tens.
- Total hiking hours 8 to 9 hours depending on the group pace!
DAY 03 CACHICCATA QUARRY – OLLANTAYTAMBO – MACHUPICCHU PUEBLO
- after a good breakfast, we will start the adventure
- this day will much easier because will be all down
- this day we will hike only three hours until Ollantaytambo town
- on the way down we will see the Inca stones that are ready to take to the town and built Ollantaytambo
- at Ollantaytambo, we will have our last lunch
- after we will say goodbye to our amazing team
- then we will head to the train station in order to board the train to Machupicchu Pueblo
- at Machupicchu Pueblo we will go tour hotel here you will have time to enjoy your shower
- in the evening we will visit a restaurant where we will have dinner after dinner you will organize the wake time with the tour guide
- then you will go to your hotel to rest for the following day
DAY 04 MACHUPICCHU – CUSCO
- Your tour guide will pick you up early in the morning from the hotel
- Then you will take the bus to Machupicchu bus trip last 25 minutes
- Once in Machupicchu, you will have tour guided service for two hours more or less
- After the tour, you will have your free time you can explore more the citadel of Machupicchu in case you have the ticket for Wayna Picchu or Machu Picchu mountain you will do by yourself
- After this, you need to take the bus to the town where you can buy your lunch before you take the train back to Ollantaytambo
- In Ollantaytambo, a representative of Andean Soul Adventure will be waiting for you to pick you up and take you back to Cusco.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Original Passport.
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount).
- Walking boots.
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho.
- Warm jacket.
- Hat and gloves.
- Comfortable Trousers.
- Sun hat.
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher).
- Insect repellant.
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication.
- Torch with spare batteries.
- First aid kit.
2 Trekkers: $770 per person
3 Trekkers: $720 per person
4 Trekkers: $685 per person
5 Trekkers: $645 per person
6 Trekkers: $615 per person
7 Trekkers: $595 per person
8 or more Trekkers: $580 per person
I want to book this Tour
CALLE MARQUEZ Nº 250 2ND FLOOR OFFICE N° 13
+51 993 633 588