Choquequirao Trek 5 Days
Choquequirao 5 days is perfect in case you want to enjoy more about the nature along the hike with amazing views of the Andes mountains, glacial, flora, and fauna the most important place will be the Inca site of Choquequiaro where you will have plenty of time to explore all around the most important places, even you will have time to meditate and do some offering to the mother nature around the Choquequirao which is considered the sister of Machupicchu and one of the best places ranked by lonely planet.
Considered by many visitors who visited him as the sister of Machu Picchu and sometimes many dares to say it is better than Machu Picchu. The best thing that this archaeological center has is the ideal trekking for those people who love nature and trek that can only be accessed by walking because there are no railways or roads that can take you to or near the same Choquequirao, which is why access is full trekking, many visitors consider this journey as a pilgrimage, an escape from the routine, a challenge of their own and not being well known, the road is free for the adventurer. where you will have a unique experience.
- Start altitude: 2900m / 9515ft.
- Maximum altitude: 3050m / 10,005 feet
- Walking distance: 64 km / 40 miles
- Longest day: Day 1, approximately 25 km / 15.5 miles
- General difficulty: Difficult
- Type of trip: Hiking, camping, adventure, history, culture
- Good for: Those who enjoy hiking and are in a moderate form
- Difficulty: Defiant
- Considerations: This trek does not visit Machu Picchu.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
- Pre-departure briefing the night before your tour
- Collection from your hotel in Cusco
- Private bus to the starting point of the trek and back to Cusco
- 04 breakfast 04 lunch 04 dinner snacks (vegetarian, vegan option, gluten-free special diets upon your request.)
- Water only you have to take until the first lunch place
- Entrance fee to Choquequirao sanctuary
- horse to carry camping and cooking equipment and your personal duffle bag up to 7 kilos
- Experienced top tour guides (2-8 with one tour guide 9 to 16 two guides)
- Dinning ten with table and chairs
- Four-man ten for every two hikers
- Sleeping Pad
- Oxygen bottle
- First aid kit
WHAT IS NOT INCLUDED?
- sleeping bag (five seasons) can be hired from us
- breakfast on day first lunch and dinner on day five
- tips for trekking crew, guides, cooks, and porters
- hot springs on the way back to Cusco (10 soles)
- travel insurance (check that your insurance covers you for treks above 4,200 masl)
DAY 01 CUSCO – CAPULIYUC – CHIKISISCA
Our Choquequirao adventure starts at 5:30 am and drive in our private transportation to the starting point for 4 hours approx. we will pass through beautiful viewpoints like the glacial of Salkantay Mountain, Tarawasi Inca site then we will pass the Cunyac bridge which in the border of Apurimac and Cusco department finally we will arrive to Capuliyuc where our horsemen’s will be waiting for us here you will give your duffle bags to them and you will have time to get ready to start our adventure to the sister of Machupicchu we will start going down from Capuliyuc for about 3 hours more or less along the way we will stop to absorb the views, the path is gravel, dusty and slippery so you need a good trekking pools and good hiking shoes until we arrive at our first lunch spot called Cocamasana from this area you will have spectacular view to the Apurimac canyon, the river with the same name and the mountains and of course the incredible flora and fauna along the way. After lunch we will continue for one hour more to our first camp called Chikisca it has a lovely location, of course, our tens will be set up ready by our amazing team, end of the day.
- Beginning spot altitude: Capuliyoc (2915 m 9563 ft.)
- Walking distance:8 km /4.17 m (4-5 hours depending on your own pace)
- Campsite altitude: Chikisca (1950 m 6397)
- Lowest altitude: Chikisca (1950 m 6397 ft.)
- Considered: easy to moderate day.
- Weather: warm and windy.
DAY 02 CHIKISCA – MARANPATA – CHOQUEQUIRAO
Early in the morning you will have a wake up call with a nice hot coca tea then you will have breakfast, today we will start early in order to avoid the sun so we can hike in the shade because in the sun it is so hot, we will continue going down until we get to the Apurimac River after we cross the river we will start with the uphill for about 4 hours more or less in a zigzags on the way we will appreciate some sugar cane farms, and of course as soon as we getting higher we will have better and better view of the Valley now from opposite mountain after 4 hours of climbing finally we will arrive to our lunch spot a small village call Marampata here our team will be waiting for us with a delicious lunch After a good lunch we will continue with our hike to our destination (Choquequirao) if we are lucky we may see condors around here once we get to the summit you will have breathtaking view to the Apurimac canyon then we will get to the lower terraces of Choquequiraro where we will spend our second night, in case you want to see the sunset you can go to the upper section to enjoy it but it takes 40 minutes hike, afterward comeback to the camp.
- Beginning spot altitude: Chikisca (1950 m) (6397 ft.).
- Walking distance:(18 km) (11 mi)
- Campsite altitude:2900 m) (9514 ft.
- Considered: long hike and challenging day
DAY 03 CHOQUEQUIRAO (THE CRADLE OF GOLD)!
After a great breakfast we will go to explore Choquequirao in this amazing place you have the entire day to explore all around Choquequirao, of course you tour guide will explain you all about this place and about the Incas after you finish exploring we will go back to the camp to enjoy our lunch after lunch you will have a free afternoon so you can go back to the site and keep exploring or just relax and recharge your energy at the Inca site of Choquequirao.
- Campsite altitude: 2900 m) (9514 ft.
- Lowest altitude: camping site 2900 m) (9514 ft.
- Considered: relaxing day.
DAY 04 CHOQUEQUIRAO – MARAMPATA – CHIKISCA
After a good relaxing day we will start with our adventure back the same way all the way to Chikisca so again we will pass by Marampata then we will get to the bottom called playa Rosalinas which the lowest part of our hike and the hottest section after we cross the river we will start climbing for two hours until we get to our camping spot Chikisca where our team will be waiting for us with a nice coca tea and warm water end of day four.
- Starting point altitude: 2900 m) (9514 ft.
- Walking distance:(18 km)(11 mi)
- Campsite altitude: Chikisca (1950 m) (6397 ft.).
- Lowest altitude: Playa Rosalinas (1550 m) (5085 ft.)
- Considered: long hike mostly downhill.
- Weather: warm and a lot of mosquitoes
DAY 05 CHIKISCA – CAPULIYUC – CUSCO
We will have a wake up call by our team then breakfast following we will say goodbye to Choquequirao and start with our hike the section of our adventure this will take us about four hours to get to Chikisca where we will have our last lunch before we get back to Cusco after lunch we will have small ceremony with our team where we can show our gratitude for their hard work then we will board our bus back to Cusco city and drop you off at your hotel.
- Altitude of the Starting point: Chikisca (1950 m= 6397 ft.).
- Walking distance:8 km /4.17 ml.
- Lowest altitude:(1950 m= 6397 ft.).
- Considered: short hike uphill.
WHAT YOU NEED TO TAKE:
- Original Passport
- ISIC card (if you are a student and want to qualify for the discount)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable Trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun cream (factor 35 or higher)
- Insect repellant
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries
- First aid kit
Choquequirao trek 5 days private service
02 people 650 USD per person
04 people 600 USSD per person
06 +people 550 USD per person
I want to book this Tour
CALLE MARQUEZ Nº 250 2ND FLOOR OFFICE N° 13
+51 993 633 588